Thursday, April 5, 2012

Moving on DOWN!!!

Yes, that's right....we are moving on DOWN!!  Down the list, that is. :)

The end of March brought in slightly cooler weather, but it also meant an update from our social worker.  As of last month, we had dropped down to #80 - a HUGE feat, considering we hadn't moved much at all in about five months.  Today??

Let me give you a couple hints......

It's an important year for our country AND it also happens to be the name of the professional basketball team here in Philly.  Give up?

This month we moved down FOUR SPACES to.....





 

Woohoo!!!!!  So excited to see ANY movement at this point.  Well, any movement in the right direction, that is. :)  Each month as we've moved down, I've seen my faith increase.  Last month I shared about audacious prayers.  Just the other day I read this and I was nearly doing backflips on the inside:


 
"Then Jesus said to them, 'Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.'  And suppose the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me.  The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.'  I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity, he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.  So I say to you:  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened.  Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?  Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?  If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"'

Luke 11:5-13


Jesus WANTS us to audaciously, in faith, approach his throne.  Not from a "name it and claim it" standpoint, but as a child approaches his/her parent with complete trust that they have their best interests at heart.  So thankful that we serve a God whose attention to detail is unmatched.  Whose hand is guiding our adoption process from beginning to end and sees each day before it ever comes to pass.  Whose very heart is for the orphaned and the widowed and the down-trodden.

So thankful that He has led us on this journey and has brought us to this point.  Continuing to pray audaciously that He would continue to bless our journey, leading us even closer to bringing our little one home.  All glory and honor go to Him!




Kirsten

1 comment: