Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mustard Seeds

I just got done packing 6 lunches, five of which are going with my children and I to class tomorrow.  The other, will be accompanying my husband to his first day of his NEW JOB. Yes, God is good.  :)

That's right!  You read correctly!  He got a job!!   We couldn't be more thrilled.  Thank you all for praying for us.  It has been a long, uncertain journey, yet exciting as well.  We have learned much about His provision, as we never went without.  When we were faithless, He was faithful (2 Tim. 2:13).  So very true.

Oh, I wish I could say that we never once doubted.  I wish I could say that I knew all along that a job would open up quickly....but....well, that would be a lie.  Many, MANY times during this process, I stressed.  I worried.  I wondered - What if He doesn't provide??  What if a job doesn't open up in time? What if.....

And every time, God nudged me to look backwards.  He reminded me to look at all the times He HAD provided.  All the times He HAD "pulled through".  We've received many emails and sweet cards over the past few months marveling at our faith.  Friends encouraging us that our faith has inspired them in their journeys.  And you know what??  Every time it would make me laugh.  Literally LOL.  Why?  Because there were MANY dark days where I pleaded with God to increase my faith.  I begged Him to "fix my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen (2 Cor. 4:18)".  In my own strength, I didn't really have much of anything.  All I could see were my surroundings, and well, they looked kind-of bleak. :)

Yet, as I prayed though, something happened.  My faith would increase ever so slightly.  Not much.  Just enough to get me through the next hurdle.  Then again, the Bible doesn't call us to have much faith.  It merely asks us to have the faith of a mustard seed.  Ever seen one of those??








And so, with mustard seed-size faith we persevered.  Or shall I say, persevere?  It is not over yet.  Now begins a whole new round of paperwork.  With new employment comes updated home studies and such.  Charles' new job will need to be approved by our social worker, and our finances combed through again.  We're praying that all will proceed smoothly, although we're learning when it comes to adoption, there may not really be such a thing.  :)

Here's how you can continue to pray for us...

1.  Pray that Charles' new job would be a good fit for him and our family (he is working for a company that is subcontracted by Merck Pharmaceuticals).

2.  Pray that our updated home study, along with Charles' new employment, would be approved so that we could continue on in our adoption.

3.  Pray that we would continue to see movement in our adoption, and that we would continue to be able to raise the funds necessary (we need about $10,000 more).

4.  We need a car!!!  Pray that we could find a good deal on one within the next couple months. We don't want to take out a loan, so it will have to be for a price we can afford!!  For Charles' previous job, he drove a work vehicle to and from the shop in the morning.  We had one personal vehicle for our family.  Upon losing his job, we went down to one car.  We do temporarily have access to a second car for the time being, however, we will eventually need a car of our own.

5.  Lastly, pray that our faith would continue to increase.  Pray that we would not forgot what God has done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you friends!!!  We are so thankful for your friendship, your encouragement, and your prayers!!  We are so incredibly blessed.

Alright, going to bed now.... 5:00 am will be coming early. :)





Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. Sooo excited for you guys ... what a wonderful answer to prayer and testimony as you guys have trusted and walked in faith that He would provide!
    We will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete