Monday, August 22, 2011

Heaven Rules

Last week when we mailed in our dossier, we were cautioned by our social worker that it is very common for some of the documents to need revisions and to be returned to us.  Immediately, I began to pray that this would not be the case.  After all, we had worked FIVE LONG MONTHS on these documents.  I was done.  I was finished.  I was ready to move on. 

But as I prayed, I sensed that that was not the right prayer to be praying.  Not that God is not capable of making certain that our dossier was approved the first time.  But instead, I felt Him nudging me to pray FOR our social worker.  That she, in all her experience and knowledge, would have WISDOM and DISCERNMENT as to any mistakes we had missed.  That she would go over our documents with a fine-tooth comb, and pinpoint anything that could potentially pose a problem for us over in the Ethiopian courts. 

And a few days after I prayed that prayer, she did.  And I was sad.  I became like that Israelite again.  I got down, and started making lists of all the things I had to do to rectify the problem.  I began to fret, under pressure to get it all done in two weeks before I leave for vacation.  Under pressure to get it all done in the midst of OTHER looming deadlines and responsibilities.

And then as I read the book of Daniel, this verse leapt out to me:


"Your kingdom will be restored when you ackowledge that Heaven rules."
~Daniel 4:26


And I just knew.  I just knew that God was reminding me that it is HIS hand that rules.  That it was merely HIS voice that spoke Creation into being.  That is was HIS perfect plan that sent His Son to die on a cross, only to be raised up from the dead, to redeem the world from their sin.  That even when times are tough, and the odds are stacked against us, and we have deadlines and worries of this world....


Heaven rules. 


And in a blink of an eye, He can change our circumstances when we ackowledge that He is capable, not us. 

Do you know what happened in the rest of my story?  Well, when I learned this lesson yet again, and ackowledged His sovereignty over my life, MY CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGED!  Not because of anything I did, but because of WHO HE IS. 

Thank you Jesus.  Not only do you hold up kings and kingdoms, but also little 'ole me.


 "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
  ~Matthew 10:29


Thank you Lord that you are in the details.  That you RULE over the details.  That our circumstances can change instantly when we believe that Heaven rules.



Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment